Friday, February 20, 2015

Why I Want To Go To College


            Picture this, a 4 foot tall boy with blonde hair and blue eyes sitting in his 2nd grade class. At the age of 8, he wants to be a video game designer. At age 9, he wants to be a veterinarian. At age10 he wants to be a mechanical engineer and an eye doctor. By age 11, he has no idea what to do. By age 12, he realizes that he doesn’t have to make that choice now and that society can’t tell him what he has to choose. For 2 years he had no idea, until he realizes, all he wants to do is make a difference. That boy is me. I want to go to college so that I can have a wide variety of career choices to choose from and so that I can provide for my future family.
            At an interview, if there has to be a decision made between someone, with a degree, and someone without a degree, that person with the degree would be the one hired for the job. This edge is why most people go to college, so that they will stand out amongst other applicants. Also, when you get a job, you will have already had past experience because you would have already been preparing for it for 2, 4, or even 6 years while in college.
            My biggest reason for going to college is to provide for my future family. I want to be able to give my kids and my wife nice things and take fun family vacations. I want to not have to worry about money. I want to live my life to the fullest by enjoying time with family and friends, not being strapped for cash and living paycheck to paycheck.  
            “ College makes you realize that it’s a big world out there and that there are hundred’s of thousand’s of people a lot different than you... I had to go to college to even have a chance at the job I want... Not many people today can say that they have a college diploma, but I will… College makes you realize that it doesn’t matter what you think, it’s what you do that makes a difference and what changes your future, for better or for worse.”                                                           
-Kendra Harbison
An Essay By: Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment